AMP SCITT will recruit and train outstanding primary and secondary teachers, many of whom become NQT’s within the partnership. We enable teachers entering the profession to experience a high quality foundation for their teaching careers, characterised by high expectations, detailed monitoring of progress, coherent and continuous guidance in their first years of teaching and continuity of CPD targeted provision. Those identified with leadership skills have been offered fast track opportunities to further develop these skills and several have already taken up leadership posts.
About the Course
About the course
Our training course
Trainee Teachers become immersed in school life from day 1 through to early July. They will have two placements, further enhanced by a wide range of educational settings and experiences. Trainees will be supported in the following manner;
- Professional studies led by Pauline Treanor, Head of SCITT, Alison Brady, SCITT Manager, Jackie Iddon and Karen Shotton, Training Facilitators (all practicing teachers)
- Home Coach –outstanding teachers in the subject areas within each school to support subject skills, knowledge and understanding
- Professional Mentors – Senior leaders within the schools who provide guidance and support with regards whole school matters
- Expert Subject Practitioners – providing subject specific up to date pedagogy and assessment of classroom practice
- Liverpool Hope Masters Tutors – guiding and providing personalised support to achieve 60 Masters credits.(Level 7)
As a large SCITT we can personalise and bespoke our training patterns to ensure AMP trainee teachers are appropriately supported and challenged to become outstanding teachers by the end of their programme.