If you’re interested in becoming a trainee teacher, getting some classroom experience can help you to decide whether teaching is right for you. This is not an entry requirement.
We can help you gain school experience through our School Experience Programme (SEP). During your placement you’ll have the opportunity to:
- talk to teachers about day-to-day school life
- observe teaching and pastoral work
- watch a range of lessons and age groups being taught
- discuss with our AMP SCITT leads the most suitable route for you.
All of this will give you valuable insight to the role of a teacher.
To gain a school experience place at Deyes High you will be required to
- register with the school experience programme for an initial day of experience
- complete a Deyes High SEP application form. This is sent following initial registration.
- A Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required for further placement days. There is an administration charge of £20